Saturday, October 11, 2008

Provoked!!!


This is a poem written by me on Kiranjeet Ahuwallia after watching the movie provoked.

I feel a strange kind of freedom,

Inside this prison,

I am physically bounded by the walls,

But feel liberated.

Here I have no fear,

No pain,

Only heighten feel of senses,

Yes I have senses,

I am no more a dead body,

I am reborn.

For ten years I died every day, every second,

My death was slower than a slow poison,

The pain from bruises was bearable,

But the pain from lack of happiness,

Lack of satisfaction killed me every day,

My death was the main contributor to my rebirth,

You have no senses when you’re dead,

So one fine day, after being killed that night,

I did something which I could have never done when I was alive,

I can’t remember memory is hazy,

Just one moment and you see him in screams,

Screeching and screaming in his shrill voice,

Crying for help unlike me, gasping for breath unlike me,

I sat there and watch him burn,

Like I did for ten years,

I loved him,

But now I loved to see him die,

After everything was over I felt numb.

Yes I am Kiranjeet,

I could hardly stand on feet,

But now I have found,

There is no honor in suffering

No point in tolerating abuse,

My story is just a minute part of the bigger picture,

This fact cannot be refused,

Violence does not only leave physical wounds,

Blood draws blood,

It provokes individuals to take actions which should not be taken,

Vengeance is sweet but unfortunately not fruitful,

We preach and teach our young ones,

Let’s make them better humans,

After all we people are the society.

No comments: