Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Afgan Girl


Look into my eyes,

There’s something mystical,

No I am not a being cynical,

Look deep into them,

You will see a story,

Story about a land,

Standing tall in the ruins,

It’s barren,

It’s treacherous,

It’s rocky,

Life is hard,

Beware there is no safeguard,

Yes I am the Afghan girl,

The sheen of youth in my eyes,

Is replaced by dry deep, hollow sorrow,

It’s Rule of Taliban,

And death of common Afghan,

Even cattle get a better treatment than me,

Does this fact rattle you?

Even my Father can’t see my face,

No you will not understand my helpless case!

Taliban falls,

My destiny calls,

I have a ray of hope for my young ones,

There will be freedom,

But really can we be free,

Looks like it could never be,

I dream, I dream for life of respect and dignity!

Hope this will be a reality .





No comments: