Saturday, January 29, 2011

Long Walk To Freedom……


People describe it as a long walk,

But with my people’s support,

I felt like a stroll in a Park,

Twenty Seven Years in that tiny cell,

Could have been worse than hell,

But I was determined not to give in,

The ray of light through that thin slit,

Always ignited the flame of hope deep within me,

It made me resolute not to raise white flag,

As we were fighting for colors,

We needed white, black, brown, grey & all,

To built to built this Rainbow nation,

Had a dream, dream rubbished by the guards,

Mocked at by inmates,

Lived by me,

I had to win by winning hearts,

History has seen biggest wars are fought for Love,

But I fought my biggest war with love,

If I was never deported to Robben island,

Never would have discovered Mahtma deep within me.

PS:- I was inspired to write on Mr. Mandela after watching the movie Invictus

No comments: